Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Birth Photographer and Baby Planning

Yesterday we met with Lynsey. She is a birth photographer here in the metroplex. Our friends, Phillip and Jessica, used her when they had their baby girl and she took some really awesome pictures.  She has a knack for taking the perfect pic at the perfect time. We are so excited to have Lynsey at the birth. This way there is no worry, making sure that each moment is captured. Afterwards, Lynsey will stay and photograph the babies meeting their grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends. She will also get photos of their first feeding. She then will put the pics to music on a dvd and we will get a 4x6 of all the pics. For those of you who are interested, her website is: dfwbirthphotographer.com

A few months back, Todd and I decided to check out Magic Moon, a baby store located in the Southlake Town Center. I found the perfect picture of a boy and girl frog holding hands and underneath, it said "Twice Blessed". I told Todd that if we found out we were having boy/girl twins that I wanted to come back and get the picture. So, the day after determining the sex of the babies we went in and purchased the picture. We also decided to pick out baby bedding. I'm not going to go into details about the bedding but lets just say "it is perfect!" We did decide that Andrew's accent color would be blue (of course) and Claire's would be yellow (for those of you who don't know, I'm not a fan of pink). It's being specially made so we haven't seen the finished product. When it comes in we will post pictures.
We also decided to go ahead and register at Babies R Us. Mainly because Todd's family lives out of state and most of them won't be able to attend the shower so it makes things easier for them and, since we are registered they can take advantage of the twin discount that they offer.  I feel a little awkward registering so early but I have this overwhelming need to get things taken care of early. I don't know if this is some sort of intuition or if I'm just freaking out. Finding out the sex of the babies has made this pregnancy very real...well that, and my ever growing tummy. Not to mention that the babies make sure that they make themselves known, especially at night. I'm slowly becoming aware that things are more difficult to do around the house. Sometimes I can't help but think that I'm ONLY 4 1/2 months and there are several more to go. How much bigger will I get?  I have to remind myself that my body knows what it's doing, even if I don't. :)

No comments: