Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Bellies!

Today Claire and Drew had baked sweet potatoes for the first time. This is the first vegetable that they have tried. They have been eating cereal since they were four months but I wanted to wait until they were six months to start veggies and fruits. Of course, they LOVED the sweet potatoes. We are giving them Sprout Baby, it's an organic brand that I've found at HEB. It wasn't my first choice but it's the only thing around here that I could find.

They also played in the floor together. They would look at one another and smile. Claire was talking away to Drew. Whatever she said didn't go over well with him though and he grabbed her face, poking her in the eye. I had to remove his hand from her and of course, by then, she was crying. So far Claire has gotten it twice in the face by Drew.

Every night I get in the bath and bathe the babies. It's my one on one time with them. No matter how hectic our day is, we end with a nice relaxing bath where each baby gets Momma all to themselves. It's a time that I look forward to and I think that they look forward to it too. Tonight, Drew got really tickled while taking a bath. I bought two little toys, a butterfly and octopus, for them to play with in the water. I started hitting them together, making a knocking noise, and he that it was hilarious! He belly laughed every time I would do it. I yelled for Todd to "hurry and get the camcorder". This is the first time I've heard Drew belly laugh. It was so cute, and now we have it on video. Awesome. Now, we just need to catch Claire with her belly laugh. Every once in a while she gets tickled and it's so funny. It's usually when she's really tired, but we will get her on camera....eventually.

These days, I'm keenly aware at how fast my babies are growing. I try to hold them as much as I can and just smell them. (You momma's know what I'm talking about). I wish that I could just bottle that sweetness up and have it for always. I am so overwhelmed with love for Claire and Drew and so blessed to their Momma. Thank you, God. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


No comments: